How Clean Sleeping Fits Into A Healthy Lifestyle
You’ve probably heard of clean living and clean eating. But what about clean sleeping?
Does it mean taking a shower before bed? Or does it mean getting eight hours of sleep every night?
Those are great habits, but clean sleeping is more than that.
What is Clean Sleeping?
Since we spend about 1/3 of our lives sleeping, it’s vital to be selective about the materials we rest our bodies on each night. In the same way that clean eating is wisely choosing what food we put into our bodies daily.
The foundation of clean sleep is choosing healthy bedding—natural and organically-grown materials crafted thoughtfully and without petrochemicals.
Tips for Clean Sleeping
Set up the best sleeping environment and experiment with what works for your sleep schedule, style, and health goals.
Choosing natural bedding materials that are cool, breathable, and non-irritating to your skin and senses. By selecting natural materials, you can feel confident sleeping on bedding without synthetic chemicals, off-gassing foam, or skin irritants:
- Sheets made from naturally-cool cotton or bamboo fibers
- Pillows filled with plant-based materials like natural latex for hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, breathable support
- A hand-crafted mattress made without mass production or petrochemicals
- Thoughtfully-sourced mattress materials such as cotton batting, natural latex rubber, and temperature-regulating wool for cool, lasting comfort
Create a Clean-Sleeping Space
Since your bedroom is where you rest and recharge, creating a clean, sleep-inducing environment is essential to your overall well-being.
- Eliminating electronics from your bedroom at least an hour before bedtime. The blue light they emit can disrupt your circadian rhythm, which makes it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Keeping your room cool and dark so it feels more like nighttime (and less like daytime).
- Incorporating relaxation techniques like aromatherapy and deep breathing to improve sleep quality. They can help reduce stress and anxiety, especially if you have trouble falling asleep due to anxiety or depression.
By incorporating simple, clean-sleeping practices, you can rest easy knowing you’ve created a healthy space for regenerative sleep.
We can help you choose the natural bedding that works for you. From custom-fit mattresses made with natural materials to organic cotton sheets and plant-based, non-toxic pillows, we’re your local clean-sleeping solution.
Visit your neighborhood Custom Comfort Showroom today.