Tis the season for giving and spreading joy. In partnership with K-Wave 107.9, we will be sharing our holiday cheer with moms and children through the Sheepfold Gift Drive. You can bring your gift items to any one of our eight showrooms in Southern California to help make the holidays that much more merry for those in need. We’ll be accepting gifts for the Sheepfold Drive until Tuesday, December 8th. Take a look at Sheepfold for more information about their holiday efforts and the holiday gift drive.
Don’t worry, if you can’t get to one of our locations before the 8th, we also support Toys For Tots. We will be accepting new, unwrapped toys through Tuesday, December 22nd at all of our showrooms.
The holidays just got that much happier!
Here’s some ideas for the Sheepfold Gift Drive and things to keep in mind:
- Clothing and accessories for women (all sizes including plus sizes)
- Beauty and hairstyling products and accessories
- Shoes for women (all sizes)
- Clothing for girls and boys (all sizes)
- Clothing and accessories for infants and toddlers
- Shoes for children (all sizes)
- Clothing for teen girls (all sizes)
Toys and Gear
- Popular children’s toys (all ages)
- Outdoor toys
- Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, Sports Balls/Gear, Hula Hoops, Jump Ropes (and protective gear)
- Educational toys, Nintendo DS, Wii and DS games (rated E)
Gift Cards and Tickets
- Target, Kohl’s, Walmart, Grocery store, Costco, and Gas cards
- Tickets and Activities like amusement parks, sports events, movie tickets, museum exhibits, concert tickets, etc.
Gifts for the Shelter
- DVDS (G or PG), Children’s books, Bibles, Devotional books
- Household Items
- Linens, Bedding (twin size), Home decor, Kitchen essentials, Highchairs
- Sheepfold requests NEW items because these are gifts.
- Please bring gifts unwrapped. Gift bags OK. Sheepfold needs to see each gift, therefore, they will need to unwrap any wrapped gifts (please don’t waste your paper).
- We will be able to accept gifts at all showrooms Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 6pm. Please visit our locations page to find your closest showroom.
- Gift Drop-off DEADLINE: Tuesday, December 9th before 7pm.
- Wrapping supplies, boxes, and ribbon are also appreciated.
- As part of Sheepfold’s stewardship accounting, they are required to record every new item donated. It would be a great help if those who bring gifts would kindly include a list of the items’ costs, or copy of your register receipt.
Every year Sheepfold is given the privilege to bring a new and good memory of Christmas to the women and children at the Sheepfold shelters. Sheepfold first opened their doors to homeless, abused, and forsaken women with children in October 1979. Since that time thousands of women and their children have found shelter, safe refuge, and a new beginning in life as a result of the Sheepfold ministry. The goal of their six month program is to find employment and establish these women in their own apartment, ready for independent living. During their stay with Sheepfold, coupled with the non-denominational Bible teachings, they receive everything they need free of charge. This includes things such as home cooked meals, new clothes, all hygiene supplies, children and infant supplies, subsidized childcare, transportation and much, much more.