To view these legal notices, please click on the title of each notice.
- Certain Definitions. As used herein, the term “our Site” means any of the following: customcomfortmattress.com; any WAP or mobile site associated with customcomfortmattress.com, whether existing now or in the future; and/or any official page or channel established now or in the future by any Custom Comfort Mattress Company related-entity on third-party social networking sites and user-generated content hosting sites; the term “Service” means any online service provided by or through our Site, including, without limitation, internet access, email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, webcast, Content downloads, wireless delivery of Content, forums, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, story boards, weblogs, videoblogs (vlogs), social networking services, and shopping channels, whether existing now or in the future; the term “Content” means any and all content, information, data and material made available on our Site, including, without limitation, text, images, photographs, videos, audios, music, ringtones, wallpapers, graphics, logos, icons, and merchandise items; the term “User” means you or any other person or entity who accesses or uses our Site or any Service or Content.
- Right to Disclose. You understand and agree that we have the right at all times to disclose the identity of a User in connection with internal investigation of any abuse of our Site or any Service, law enforcement authorities’ investigation of alleged illegal activity, or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena.
- Prohibited Use and Reporting Abuse.We do not permit or tolerate any illegal, abusive, harmful or improper use of our Site or any Service or Content, or any use that interferes with other Users’ enjoyment of our Site or any Service or Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we specifically prohibit the following activities:
(a) Collecting, storing, posting, transmitting or soliciting any material, information, message or communication, or engaging in, soliciting, inducing, encouraging or contributing to any act or conduct that is unlawful, harassing, stalking, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, scandalous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, discriminating, or otherwise objectionable or offensive;
(b) Collecting, storing, posting, transmitting or soliciting any material, information, message or communication, or engaging in, soliciting, inducing, encouraging or contributing to any act or conduct that infringes upon or violates any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity, including, without limitation: (i) copying, reproducing, displaying, exhibiting, performing, transmitting, sharing or distributing any copyrighted work or material without permission or consent from the copyright owner; and (ii) providing information, software, programs or tools that enable circumvention of manufacturer-installed copy-protected devices;
(c) Collecting, storing, posting, transmitting or soliciting any material, information, message or communication, or engaging in, soliciting, inducing, encouraging or contributing to any act or conduct that violates or may give rise to criminal or civil liability under any federal, state, local, national or international law, including, without limitation, the U.S. export control laws and regulations and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act;
(d) Collecting, storing, posting, transmitting or soliciting personal information (including, without limitation, biographical, residential, social, marital, occupational, financial, and health information) about other Users without their knowledge or consent, through “phishing” or under any other false pretense
(e) Collecting, storing, posting, transmitting or soliciting personal information about persons under the age of 18;
(f) Collecting, posting, transmitting or soliciting harmful computer software viruses, bugs, worms, codes, files or programs;
(g) Promoting or soliciting involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult or sect;
(h) Promoting or soliciting gambling or engaging in any gambling or similar activity;
(i) Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any act of cruelty to animals;
(j) Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any Service, profiles, blogs, chat rooms, communities, or account information, or providing or soliciting personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
(k) Impersonating, or otherwise misrepresenting affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
(l) Engaging in any act to deceive or mislead, including, without limitation, (i) falsifying User information; (ii) forging or otherwise manipulating headers or other identifying information in order to disguise the origin of any User; (iii) using invalid or non-existent domain names or other means of deceptive addressing in User Postings; and (iv) relaying email or other material in an anonymous fashion, relaying email or other material from any third-party’s server without that third-party’s permission, or using similar techniques to hide or obscure the source of email or other material;
(m) Transmitting or distributing “junk mail,” “chain mail” or “chain letters,” or engaging in unsolicited mass emailing, “spamming” or “spimming,” or making fraudulent offers to sell or purchase, or conducting any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “ponzi schemes”;
(n) Engaging in “trolling,” such as posting material, information, message or communication that is off-topic, absurd, or meaningless, with the intent of causing disruption or provoking reaction from others, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue, causing a screen to “scroll” faster than other Users are able to type, or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively affects other Users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
(o) Disrupting or interfering with other Users’ use of our Site or any Service or Content or any system or network, including, without limitation, (i) making “denial of service” attacks against another system or network host or another User; (ii) hacking, mail-bombing, flooding, overloading, attacking or otherwise sabotaging or interfering with a system or network; and (iii) without permission from the owner or host of a system or network, accessing such system or network, monitoring data or traffic, probing, scanning, testing firewalls, testing the vulnerability of such system or network, or breaching the security or authentication routines of such system or network;
(p) Reselling or attempting to resell any Service without our prior authorization; and
(q) Any other activities that we determine, in our sole discretion, are illegal, abusive, harmful or improper.
- Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademarks. As used herein, “Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademarks” means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress and other designations that belong to the Custom Comfort Mattress Company, including, without limitation, CUSTOM COMFORT MATTRESS COMPANY, customcomfortmattress.com, TRUDELL BROS., DAVID VS. GOLIATH, SILVIO & SONS, CCMC, ULTRA KING and CUSTOM COMFORT RESERVE. You may make reference to the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademarks but only if your reference is truthful and not misleading. You may not remove or alter any Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademark. You acknowledge the rights of Custom Comfort Mattress Company in the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademarks and agree that any and all use of the marks shall inure to the sole benefit of Custom Comfort Mattress Company. You agree not to incorporate any Custom Comfort Mattress Company Trademark into your marks, names, logos, domain names, links or designations.
- Third Party Trademarks. All other trademarks and service marks that may appear on our Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Third Party Websites. Our Site may provide links to certain third-party websites for your convenience only. These third-party sites are not owned or controlled by Custom Comfort Mattress Company. Therefore, we do not warrant or guarantee the availability, completeness, correctness, accuracy, usefulness, timeliness or reliability of, or the results of your use of or reliance upon, any information or material contained in such third-party sites. Also, by merely linking to a third-party site, we by no means sponsor, endorse, approve or recommend such third-party site, or any information, material, views, opinions, products or services posted, offered or advertised on such third-party site. You acknowledge that you access and use such third-party sites solely at your own risk. You agree that under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any information or material contained in any third-party sites linked to or from our Site. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions associated with such third-party sites, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of or reliance upon any information or material contained in such third-party sites.
Conditions for Linking to Our Site. You may link to our Site, but subject to the following conditions:
- Your link must be a text-only link to our Site;
- You do not“frame” or otherwise create a browser or border environment around any page or content of our Site;
- You do not“inline link” to any content or internal page of our Site;
- You do notuse any logo or design mark of Custom Comfort Mattress Company in or as your link to our Site;
- You do notcopy, reproduce, alter, modify, perform, display, or distribute any content of our Site;
- You do notlink to our Site from any adult or sexually oriented website;
- You do notmisrepresent or falsely suggest that your website is sponsored, endorsed or approved by, or is affiliated or otherwise connected or associated with, our Site;
- You do notpublish false, misleading or inaccurate information about, or otherwise disparage, our Site, or any product or service of Custom Comfort Mattress Company; and
- You link to our Site entirely at your own risk; we make no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding our Site or its content (all of which is provided “as is” and “as available”); and we are under no obligation to support your link to our Site.
By linking to our Site, you acknowledge acceptance of all of the above conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree, please DO NOT link to our Site. Any deviation from the above conditions must be specifically authorized in writing by us.
- Dealings with Advertisers. We may allow certain third-parties to place, display, serve or sponsor advertisements on our Site, now or in the future. Your communication or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, such advertisers, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that we shall be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on our Site.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(A) OUR SITE IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL, EDUCATIONAL AND COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND DOES NOT INTEND TO ADVISE, INSTRUCT OR MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTICULAR SUBJECT, MATTER, MATERIAL, PROBLEM, SITUATION OR INDIVIDUAL.
(B) OUR SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITE AND ANY AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR SAFETY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON, OUR SITE OR ANY SERVICE OR CONTENT. WE ALSO DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT OUR SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT OUR SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
(C) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON OUR SITE OR ANY SERVICE OR CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHERS’ USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, DATA, PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, AUDIOS, OR OTHER MATERIAL ABOUT YOU, YOUR FAMILY, OR FRIENDS THAT YOU POST OR ALLOW OTHERS TO POST ON OUR SITE. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE DISCRETION WHEN POSTING ANY SUCH INFORMATION. LIKEWISE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR EXPOSURE TO ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING ANY USER POSTING) THAT IS OFFENSIVE, INDECENT OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE TO YOU OR TO OTHERS.
- Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(A) IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS GOODWILL OR OPPORTUNITY) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, YOUR INABILITY TO USE, OR YOUR RELIANCE UPON, OUR SITE OR ANY SERVICE OR CONTENT (INCLUDING ANY USER POSTING), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
(B) IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF, YOUR INABILITY TO USE, OR YOUR RELIANCE UPON, OUR SITE OR ANY SERVICE OR CONTENT (INCLUDING ANY USER POSTING), EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO OUR SITE FOR YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICE OR CONTENT OF OUR SITE DURING THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
(C) BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR TOTAL LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- International Use. We make no representation or warranty that our Site and all Services and Content are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America. Accessing our Site or any Service or Content from territories in which such access is illegal is prohibited. You agree that if you choose to access our Site or any Service or Content from any locations outside the United States of America, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Governing Law Jurisdiction.You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
(a) Our Site shall be deemed solely based in the State of California, U.S.A.;
(b) Our Site shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the owner or operator of our Site, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of California, U.S.A.;
Notice To California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
Any request for a disclosure required under this law should be sent to us via email at email@example.com. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to a customer’s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
California residents may also learn how Custom Comfort Mattress Company responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. As the technology is evolving for recognizing and interpreting DNT signals, and no uniform standard has yet been set, Custom Comfort Mattress Company is not currently responding to DNT signals but remains open to following the technological standards once those are issued.
- Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”) is any information that can identify or is linked to a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile number), email address, credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, demographic, location and household information, etc. To the extent you voluntarily provide your PII to us, we collect such information. For example, we may collect PII from you (to the extent permitted by law): (1) when you join one of our mailing or contact lists; (2) when you register to participate in an event sponsored by us (such as a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey, concert, festival, community fair, etc.); (3) when you enter into a transaction with us, such as ordering a product from us through our online store; (4) when you use or interact with a product or service of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network; (5) when you provide or share information using a product or service of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network; (6) when you create, share or link personal profile using a product or service of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, including linking or associating your profile on a third-party site or platform with your Custom Comfort Mattress Company account; and/or (7) when you submit a request or inquiry to us via the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network or otherwise (each of the foregoing is referred to hereinafter as an “Identification Activity”).
It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. However, if you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, we may ask you for certain PII. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some may be identified as optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity that requires it, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In addition, if you use the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network to send information to another person (e.g., a friend, a family member, etc.), we may also collect PII of that other person to the extent disclosed by you.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information (hereinafter “AAI”) is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual. For example, we may collect anonymous group data (demographics, media habits, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.), participants of our sponsored events and activities, users and members of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, etc. (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Audience”). We also collect aggregate traffic data pertaining to the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, such as: total page views in a given time period; average amount of time that visitors spend on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that visitors spend on each page of any one or more parts of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network; percentage of visitors from a certain geographical area, etc. Moreover, we may combine “User Activity Information” (as described below) about you and other users of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. We also collect location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to “anonymize” or “de-personalize” your information.
- What We Do With the Information
As a general matter, we use information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Audiences to improve our products and services so that they are appealing to as many people as possible, to administer and maintain operations of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, to offer, market and advertise products and services (including those from third parties outside Custom Comfort Mattress Company with whom we do business (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Business Partners”)) to our Audiences, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Audiences, to personalize user experiences for our Audiences, and to build a strong community for our Audiences.
2.1 Our Own Use of Information
2.1.2 Marketing & Advertising Purposes:
(1) Email marketing: If you provide your email address or mailing address to us (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), we may use such address to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our email marketing.
(2) Telemarketing: If you provide your telephone or mobile number to us, we may call you to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our telemarketing.
(3) Mobile marketing: Subject to your prior opt-in consent, we may (i) send marketing and advertising messages via SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), etc., to your mobile device and/or (ii) send marketing and advertising emails to your wireless email account (e.g., XYZ@att.mobile.net), to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our mobile marketing (that is, if you wish to opt out of our further use of your information for mobile marketing after you have previously consented to such use).
NOTE: The Federal Communications Commission has published a list of domain names used by wireless service providers to transmit emails to wireless devices here. Wireless service providers must add new domain names to this list within 30 days of activating them. If your email address contains a domain name on this list (after the “@” symbol), then we will treat your email address as a wireless email address. However, the mere fact that you can retrieve emails from your regular Internet email account on your mobile/wireless device, does not make your Internet email address a “wireless” email address.
2.1.3. Market Research Purposes: We may use AAI (including UAI and AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our Business Partners.
2.2 Disclosure to Third Parties Outside Custom Comfort Mattress Company
2.2.1 Disclosure to our Business Partners: We may disclose, sell, and otherwise provide PII, AAI and/or UAI to our Business Partners so that they may market and advertise their products and services (including, without limitation, retail stores, finance, real estate, insurance, travel, automotive, telecommunications, technology, electronics, health, beauty, food, beverage, sports, leisure and entertainment goods and services.) directly to our Audiences. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of such information sharing.
Please note, however, that we do not knowingly disclose or sell any of the following (if and to the extent collected by us) to our Business Partners for their separate marketing and advertising purposes (except with your prior opt-in consent): credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information; Social Security numbers, or other government-issued identifiers; personal health and medical information; information about personal sexual behavior or orientation; information pertaining to children under the age of 13 at the time of collection; and information indicating the precise real-time geographic location of an individual derived through location-based services such as through GPS-enabled devices (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sensitive Information”).
In addition, from time to time, we may co-sponsor events and/or product/service offerings with third parties. If you participate in such co-sponsored events or offerings, any PII and UAI we collect from you based on your participation may be shared with our co-sponsors who may use such information for their own marketing and advertising purposes. YOU MUST CONTACT OUR CO-SPONSORS DIRECTLY IN ORDER TO OPT OUT OF THEIR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
2.2.2 Disclosure to our Service Providers: We may disclose PII and UAI to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, contest/sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, and marketing and advertising support) for us (hereinafter referred to collectively as “our Service Providers”). Generally, we require that our Service Providers use your information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing services for us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
- Information Access & Opt -Out
3.1 Information Access
If you have provided your information to us, you may request to access, delete, update and correct your information as stored by us, by sending your request to us at:
Custom Comfort Mattress Company Inc
P.O. Box 1769
Orange, CA 92856-0769
Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
Please note that users cannot update or delete previously submitted information on our Site.
You can opt out of all our marketing uses (including email marketing, mobile email marketing, mobile message marketing, and telemarketing) of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) as well as our sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) with our Business Partners for their marketing uses by sending your request via postal mail at:
Custom Comfort Mattress Company Inc
P.O. Box 1769
Orange, CA 92856-0769
We will endeavor to honor your request no later than 10 days after receipt (or within such applicable time period as required by law). To ensure timely processing of your request, please expressly state in your email that you wish to opt out of all further uses and sharing by Custom Comfort Mattress Company of your personal information for marketing purposes. Your opt out election, once processed by us, will stop, on a going-forward basis, all further marketing uses and sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) by Custom Comfort Mattress Company.
HOWEVER, please note the following:
- Your opt-out will NOTstop continued marketing and advertising uses of your information by those of our Business Partners with whom we have already shared your information prior to your opt-out. To opt out of their further use of your information, you must contact them directly (or use the opt-out means provided by them). Also, if you participate in an event or a product/service offering that is co-sponsored by us with one or more third parties, you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out of their use of your information for marketing and advertising purposes.
We will retain your PII for as long as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. AAI and UAI (if not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
- Protecting Children
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All products and services of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. We do not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network for any product or Service. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information about Users under age 13.
Children under age 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personally Identifiable Information to anyone online or through mobile devices. If you are a parent or legal guardian, we urge you to participate in your child’s online and mobile activities and to use parental control or other Internet and/or mobile filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the Internet.
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
In addition, we may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,” etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect UAI about your activities on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to our Audiences, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our Audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
5.2 Third Party Functionalities
The Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network contains links to and/or enables certain third-party functionalities to enhance your experience, including, without limitation, social plug-ins, tools and APIs. Prior to using any third-party functionality (e.g., Facebook “Like” button) on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, you should consult the privacy notices of the third-party providers of such functionalities (e.g., Facebook), as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, such third parties, or how they may use the information. The privacy policies and data practices of such third parties may significantly differ from ours, and we make no representation or warranty whatsoever about their policies and practices. Your communications and interactions with such third parties are solely between you and them, and are at your own risk.
5.4 Flash Cookies
From time to time, we may or Third Party Advertisers may, use Flash cookies or similar technology to save your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network to personalize your experience. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here and here. You should know that Flash cookies cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies such as HTML cookies. Flash cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device even after you have rejected, disabled, opted out, or deleted regular cookies.
If you disable Flash cookies, you may not have full access to all products and services of the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, and some of our products and services may not function properly.
- Data Security
Protecting the security of your Personally Identifiable Information that you share with us is of the utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or any mobile or wireless network and no data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from or within the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network, and you do so at your own risk. By providing your email address to us (whether on the Custom Comfort Mattress Company Network or otherwise), you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products